Impington Village College
Teacher of Drama
Required for September 2019
Salary: IVC Main Scale / IVC UPS
We are offering an exciting opportunity for a talented teacher to build on their experience and join a College which has inspiring leadership and excellent opportunities for all. The Performance School at Impington is nationally renowned, supporting students to pursue careers in the Arts and achieving truly outstanding results at GCSE, A Level, IB and BTEC.
IVC is looking for a qualified teacher with experience of teaching in a UK mainstream secondary school. You will provide a comprehensive education to KS3, KS4 and KS5 including the International Baccalaureate and BTEC Programmes in our international Sixth Form and make a significant contribution to the extra-curricular activities which take place within the Faculty.
This is great time to be joining IVC. Following a very successful Ofsted inspection in Spring 2016, the College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress has been in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country for the last three years. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 43% of all grades at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 84% of grades at 4-9. More than 15% of our students achieved the new ‘super’ Grade 9 in the reformed GCSEs, including significant numbers across the Arts. Our outstanding sixth form also delivers excellent results and offers the International Baccalaureate and A Levels, as well as a Level 3 BTEC Performing Arts course. You will also be joining the College in time for the launch of our transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector.
In return IVC and the MET can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in the Performing Arts faculty that is nationally renowned and has been described as ‘professional standard’ by theatre industry personnel as well as practitioners in education
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited professional development
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful well-being directory to improve well-being and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post-holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 10am Monday18 March 2019
A teaching staff application form is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. If you require any further information please contact Mrs Valerie Hastings, PA to the Principal and Vice Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org