Teacher of Drama
Required for Easter or September 2020
Salary: IVC Main Scale £24,373 - £33,010 pa / IVC UPS £35,971 - £40,490 pa
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year”
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ Parent Power publication. We are seeking a talented teacher to build on their experience and join a College which has inspiring leadership and excellent opportunities for all. The Performance School at Impington is nationally renowned, supporting students to pursue careers in the Arts and achieving truly outstanding results at GCSE, A Level, IB and BTEC.
IVC is looking for a qualified teacher with experience of teaching in a UK mainstream secondary school. You will provide a comprehensive education to KS3, KS4 and KS5 students including the International Baccalaureate and BTEC Programmes in our international Sixth Form and make a significant contribution to the extra-curricular activities which take place within the Faculty.
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last four years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. You will also be joining the College as it embeds a transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector, and built around our status as an IB World School. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
Performing Arts is a key part of the College and the faculty is widely known for its outstanding outcomes. The Arts is a defining feature of our KS5 provision both through BTEC Performing Arts and IB Theatre Arts, Dance and Music. A significant number of students stay on for an additional Year 14 to further prepare them for a career in the Arts, and many have gone on to the West End. At Key Stages 3 and 4 we offer a range of Performing Arts options, including Dance, Drama, Music and BTEC Performing Arts.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development, both practically and pedagogically. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. You will be well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues with a varied range of interests and experiences.
In return IVC and the MET can offer you:
• The opportunity to work in a Performing Arts faculty that is nationally renowned and has been described as ‘professional standard’ by theatre industry personnel as well as practitioners in education
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited professional development
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful well-being directory to improve well-being and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post-holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 9am Tuesday 25 February 2020 – Interviews on Thursday 27 February 2020
A teaching staff application form is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. If you require any further information please contact Mrs Rachel Speake, Trust HR Administrator at email@example.com