Academy: Leeds East Academy
Job Title: Teacher of Drama
Grade: MPS/ UPS £23,270 - £39,406
Accountable to: Head of Performing Arts and Music
Leeds East Academy is a diverse and vibrant school community which has recently been judged as ‘Good’ across all areas of the Ofsted framework. In the Ofsted report inspectors commented; 'Leaders' aspirations for the school are high. They are determined that all of their pupils, regardless of background, will achieve as highly as possible. Leaders have created an ambitious and optimistic culture across the school'. Over the last 3 years three years the school has been on a rapid journey of improvement securing a progress 8 score in 2018 in line with the national average. Housed within a state-of-the-art new school building, Leeds East Academy is now the premier choice of school for families in the local area. Leeds East Academy is also a highly desirable and dynamic world-class establishment for ambitious education professionals, who will be joining one of the most productive, supportive and talented leadership teams in the country.
At Leeds East Academy we are committed to ensuring success for all by improving every student’s resilience, understanding and confidence through Performing Arts and Music. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a department dedicated to improving outcomes, aspirations and life chances of our young people.
Role: To teach Drama to key stage 3 and 4 achieving positive outcomes for all groups of students.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure good and better progress for all students within groups taught through the planning and preparation of high quality lessons which engage, motivate and support learners and adhere to the Academy Teaching and Learning Standard
• Strive to deliver a consistently good standard of teaching
• Take responsibility within own teaching areas and in the execution of general duties for the creation of a positive climate for learning which results in positive, respectful attitudes from students
• Consistently apply the academy behaviour policy to support all colleagues in establishing high standards of behaviour from students, and in order that students have parity of treatment and expectations in all areas of the academy
• In consultation with the subject Team Leader, contribute to the planning, design and production of good quality teaching materials and resources, appropriate to age and ability, in accordance with the Department Development Plan
Part of The White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds East Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students, secure an Ofsted rating of outstanding by 2020.
We're securing our 2020 vision for Outstanding by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared the goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 370 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation.
We benefit hugely from our sponsor, The Luminate Education Group, which is one of the largest and most successful FE/HE College Groups in the UK. Our sponsor provides leadership and operational support and advice to all our Academies. They also share our vision of creating a truly Outstanding Trust.
As a Trust, we also work very closely with the Outstanding GORSE Academies Trust through our membership of the GORSE SCITT and via accessing the Stephen Longfellow Academy Provision.
Closing Date: 16th July 2019 - 9.00 am
Shortlisting Date: W/C 15th July 2019
Interview Date: 18th July 2019 and 19th July 2019
Start Date: September 2019 / Asap
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 16th July 2019 at 9.00am. Please note we are unable to accept CV’s.
PLEASE NOTE THE REQUIREMENT TO ATTACH YOUR APPLICATION FORM AS A SEPARATE DOCUMENT TO YOUR EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FORM WHEN EMAILING YOUR APPLICATION TO US.