Wood Green is looking for a dynamic and outstanding teacher to join our highly successful Drama department to cover maternity leave from January 2020. The Drama department obtains very impressive results and attracts large numbers at A Level.
This is a very exciting time for Wood Green. Our strong reputation and results improving year-on-year have led to a rapid rise in student applications. We believe strongly in a culture of mutual respect and strong relationships, demonstrated in our Behaviour Policy built on restorative principles and everything is underpinned by our LearnWELL values.
The right candidate
Applications are welcome for the position of an enthusiastic and talented Teacher of Drama to join our highly successful, forward looking department.
• You will be a talented teacher with a passion for Drama
• You will show the ability to inspire students of all ages and abilities
• You will have high expectations of yourself and students and be committed to your professional development
• You will be committed to playing a full role in the development of the Drama Department and the wider school
• There may be leadership responsibilities for the suitable candidate
Wood Green can offer:
• A Drama Department that achieves consistently good outcomes and has a drive to improve from Year 7 through to A level.
• Students who thrive on good relationships with staff and who enjoy Drama
• Development opportunities for staff, collaborating with teachers within school, across the West Oxfordshire Learning Partnership and The Acer Trust
• A school committed to enabling every student to achieve the very best they can with supportive colleagues and a constant focus on enhancing teaching and learning
The closing date is: Monday 18th November 2019 at noon
Applications are considered as they are received, we reserve the right to make an appointment prior to closing date.
For details and an application form please visit our school website www.wgswitney.org.uk
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.