Tes are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational Teacher of Drama on a part-time permanent basis from September 2021. Both experienced and newly qualified teachers are encouraged to apply. This is currently a 2/3 day week contract.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a 'Good' and innovative academy for pupils aged 11 to 18. It is a comprehensive, co-educational, non-denominational, fully inclusive and an active member of the Camden family of schools.
The academy is an exciting place for young people to learn and develop as individuals. It offers a high quality, broad and balanced curriculum which is appropriate for pupils of all abilities, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, social background or faith. Most importantly, it provides an environment in which all pupils are supported to achieve their full potential, and to contribute positively to the community in which they live.
The academy strives for excellence in teaching and learning across the curriculum; develop strong specialisms in mathematics, science and, with a focus on modern foreign languages, provide an education which prepares pupils for "global citizenship". Strong links with community, scientific and cultural organisations are particular features of the academy.
Drama forms part of the Performance Faculty (Art, Drama, Food Technology and Music). The Drama department has a partnership with the Central School of Speech and Drama and are currently part of the Old Vic Schools Club where they annually receive free tickets to four Old Vic shows and receive the opportunity to have Old Vic facilitators work with students. The academy have put on an annual production, the most recent being the highly successful School of Rock and they regularly attend theatre performances with students.
They are looking for someone who can support with driving this work forward and ensuring they have excellent partnerships and opportunities in place for all students, building on the successes already achieved. Staff from both institutions work collaboratively, with those from the university being used aspirationally with the academy’s students.
The School Expect:
- A relevant degree and qualified teacher status;
- Passionate about your subject;
- Sound understanding of current areas of development in the subject;
- Have a clear understanding of the diverse needs of students and knows how to address them;
- Have high expectations, sets and delivers high standards and commands credibility through expertise;
- Able to plan, assess, review and evaluate effectively and efficiently through good analysis, understanding and interpretation of data/evidence and other information.
The School Can Offer:
- State-of-the-art classroom technology;
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development and intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning;
- A whole school well being strategy and designated Academy Wellbeing Lead;
- Suitable IT equipment for all teaching and support staff;
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, free counselling and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide;
- An Employee Assistance Programme which includes confidential counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy;
- Cycle to Work scheme, with ample space for bike storage, and Season Ticket Loans for Public Transport.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity and 'Quick Apply' below! For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org REF KR 1421380
Tes Recruitment Services (UK) represent Schools and Academies across the Globe, supporting them to secure a great teacher / leader for every role.
Tes Schools Recruitment
Tes is the market leader in search and selection for schools across the globe. At Tes, we’re committed to supporting and helping teachers at every stage of their career find their next job opportunity; and helping governors recruit the very best lead...