Our opportunity for you
We have a vacancy for a Drama Teacher at Landau Forte Academy Amington, Tamworth
Do you want to work with resilient, eager students aged 11-16? Are you able to help young people develop academic and personal skills swiftly? Would you value the opportunity to work in a modern, vibrant town with a historic heart? If the answer is ‘Yes’, a position of employment for the Landau Forte Charitable Trust, based in Tamworth, is for you.
- Hours: 40.75
- Contract: Full time, permanent position
- Start date: Wednesday 29th August 2018
- Salary: MPS (negotiable for the right candidate)
- Closing Date: Monday 30th April 2018
Landau Forte Academy Amington
Landau Forte Academy Amington, joined the Landau Forte Charitable Trust in September 2010 and delivers education to 11-16 year olds in Tamworth, Staffordshire. Landau Forte Academy Amington has a brand new building that opened in September 2011 and provides excellent facilities.
About The Trust
The Landau Forte Charitable Trust incorporates six academies: two primary academies; three secondary academies and a Sixth Form Academy – four of the aforementioned are situated in Tamworth, with the rest located in the City of Derby. The Trust unashamedly places students first and encourages limitless ambition, with all learners enjoying their education, whilst being stretched and challenged. Students receive a Landau Forte style of education of the highest quality which includes the following:
- Student learning, attainment, achievement and well-being are at the centre of strategic thinking, planning and actions.
- A ‘can do’ attitude is actively promoted in each Academy.
- There is a culture of success that permeates each place, where achievement is rewarded and celebrated.
- The independent status of each Academy is fully embraced to encourage self-confidence, a pro-active approach to learning and personal skill development, with every member taking responsibility for their own actions, whilst enabling rapid and appropriate responses to an ever-changing context.
The Tamworth Academies
The three Post-11 academies in Tamworth (Landau Forte Amington, Landau Forte QEMS, and Tamworth Sixth Form) work efficiently together, swiftly and securely raising standards of education across the town. They are overseen by a single Executive Principal, who has developed an effective synergy between the places, including regular network meetings between colleagues across the academies, who discuss, analyse, reflect on and share outstanding practice, and strategically plan as a group to ensure that their educational provision is cutting edge.
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- Be part of a wider Performing Arts team who also deliver Dance and Music
- Be part of a Trust that recognises the importance of the Arts, which is reflected in continuous uptake at GCSE
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Teacher Pension Scheme (TPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
The local area
Tamworth is a historic town surrounded by beautiful countryside, located a short distance from Birmingham. The Academy is located close to the centre of Tamworth, with superb transport links.
Tamworth boasts a range of historical sites and leisure attractions, including: Tamworth Castle; the Tamworth SnowDome and Drayton Manor Amusement Park. Within a 20 minute drive from the town, you can find yourself in the beautiful, open Staffordshire countryside or Birmingham‘s bustling city centre.
- Tamworth is 10 minutes away from the M42; junction 10
- Direct trains from Birmingham (10 minutes) and London (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Birmingham and East Midlands Airports are 30 minutes away
For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read information about Landau Forte Academy Amington before applying at www.lfata.org.uk.
Visits to the Academy are most welcome and this can be organised through emailing Liz Colyer (Office Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.