We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Teacher of DT (with Art), who has the skills, knowledge and love of their subjects to inspire some of the country’s very brightest students. The Tiffin Girls’ School is a leading girls’ state school, where a ‘Love of Learning’ is evident in every student interaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a department where creativity merges with design and engineering to stunning effect. This post would suit someone able to teach Product Design (ideally to KS5), Graphic Products and Resistant Materials to KS4 and all areas at KS3; Textiles and Cooking are also features of our provision. In addition, we require candidates to demonstrate the ability to teach Art at KS3.
The school actively promotes a strong tradition of exhibiting students’ work across a range of well attended and popular events. The dedicated work of the DT department and enthusiasm for the subject has resulted in two Sixth Form students receiving Arkwright Scholarships.
Many of our students go on to read Product Design & Engineering and Architecture at Cambridge, UCL and Russell Group universities, as well as to Art foundation courses at St Martin’s, Camberwell, Chelsea, Kingston and Epsom Art Colleges.
This post would suit a well-qualified new entrant to the profession, or someone who wants to broaden his/her experiences in a high achieving context.
Candidates suitable for the role will:
- be able to teach Product Design to KS5, Graphic Products and Resistant Materials to KS4 and Art to KS3
- be at an advantage if they can teach Electronics to KS3
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- be able to stretch and challenge able students to achieve highly
- have the ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
We can offer:
- the opportunity to join highly successful DT and Art departments with a wide range of experience and expertise
- a stimulating and creative environment that has the opportunity to develop links with STEAM projects
- the support of dedicated Art and DT technicians
- a CPD provision tailored to your needs focusing on areas of research and development
- a supportive environment where the work-life balance of teachers is proactively supported
- a two-week October half term
- numerous other benefits (please see our attached information pack)
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Wednesday 24 April 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 30 April 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.