We educate students rather than simply train them to pass tests. Take a look at our website to find out how we prepare children for a life of adventure: https://www.sidcot.org.uk
We are seeking a talented, qualified, full time EAL practitioner to help our young people, whose first language isn’t English, learn to communicate well with both English and non-English speakers in every-day situations and achieve their full potential personally, academically and socially.
In addition to providing 1:1 and group EAL classes within the EAL department at Sidcot School, the successful candidate will also be expected to work effectively with subject teachers, Heads of Years, Heads of Departments, boarding staff, parents and guardians in providing holistic academic and pastoral support to EAL students, to not only prepare them for higher education and employability, but also to develop their social skills, emotional intelligence, resilience, and determination to make a difference in the world.
• have a PGCSE;
• be CELTA qualified (or equivalent) with experience of teaching English
as an Additional Language;
• have an outstanding teaching record and a high standard of
• be able to work at a fast pace and cope efficiently with record keeping
and other administrative duties as well as teaching;
• be able to plan and deliver inspiring and innovative learning
• be keen to develop their knowledge, skills and experience in an
encouraging and supportive learning environment;
• be an effective communicator, verbally, in writing and in the use of
• be able to support within a pastoral capacity in the boarding houses.
Sidcot School is a thriving independent day and boarding school set in glorious countryside just 7 miles south of Bristol Airport. Our Quaker principles encourage us to ‘Live Adventurously’ and we approach school life at Sidcot in a way that develops curiosity and confidence and a life-long love of learning.
Please click below to apply via our website:
Closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 3 March 2021. Online interviews will take place during the week commencing 8 March 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and child protection screening will apply to this post
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Sidcot School is a mixed, independent, all-through Quaker school and sixth form for pupils aged three to nineteen. It is located in Winscombe, Somerset, in south-west England, and has about 550 students on its roll.
The school can trace its history b...