Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong recognises the importance of the Early Years for laying a firm foundation for future learning and success. We have made it our vision to create a world-leading educational programme that is aimed at nurturing the potential in every child through a stimulating and developmental Early Years programme.
Drawing on 155 years of heritage from Malvern College UK, we envisage our youngest children developing their individual strengths through employing a personalised approach of active, play-based learning. We foster life-long learning and encouraging each child’s curiosity, kindness, resilience, self-awareness, open-mindedness, collaboration, risk-taking, independence, integrity, and humility. We provide a secure, organised yet innovative environment for children to engage in a balanced and holistic programme that includes a focus on creative, academic, sports and outdoor activities including our successful ‘Forest School’ programme.
We looking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Early Years Teacher.
The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the College’s vision and values. They will be a supportive member of the staff team to help ensure the success of Malvern College Pre-school Hong Kong as a leading international kindergarten in Hong Kong.
- Be part of a core team to design and prepare a challenging, innovative and exciting EYFS curriculum for children entering Pre-Nursery, Kindergarten 1, or Kindergarten 2 which will enable them to flourish and achieve their potential
- Design, prepare and deliver lessons to suit the individual needs of all students using a range and balance of teaching strategies
- Promote the enjoyment of learning
- Ensure the classroom and school environment is well- managed, inviting, organized and neatly presented
- Support the outdoor Forest School Educational Program
- Nurture meaningful relationships with children and their families and provide the individual attention they need
- Assess and monitor student progress and provide clear learning targets so that all learners can see success and improve and maintain Portfolios of Learning
- Collaborate with other teachers, especially the Mandarin co-teacher of the classroom, to share new ideas, approaches and professional knowledge through staff meetings and staff PD sessions
- Communicate accurately, regularly and meaningfully with families of students in their care
- Contribute to the extra-curricular activities programme and participate in school activities such as assemblies, parent evening events, conferences, workshops and any other roles as identified by the leadership team
- Supervise the students and take on duties as required during lunch, sleep and other times as required
- University degree and a recognized qualification (such as PGCE) in Early Childhood Education
- Native-level English speaker
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in Early Years education, ideally with experience in an international educational setting
- Experience in teaching second language learners
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum framework
- Evidence of on-going professional learning and development
- Curriculum development knowledge
- Knowledge/ Experience of Reggio Emilia Approach is advantageous
- Knowledge of and experience/qualification in Forest School is highly advantageous
- Demonstrate professionalism, commitment, integrity, strength of character and perseverance
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Show a strong work ethic
- Be an articulate communicator
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team
For further information about working for Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong please download the general information pack.
All applications should be submitted online via TES. You are required to complete your online profile and supporting statement and upload your CV. You are also required to provide details of three referees.
Contract Type: Full time, Two Years
Start date: August 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an interview via Skype. Candidates may be contacted at any stage after submitting their applications.
Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong exists to provide a quality all round education for pupils and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate pre-employment checks. Please note that we will need to take up the references provided in your application form prior to interview.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries about this role. Please note that a CV will not be accepted in place of the online application form.
For further information about Malvern College Pre-School Hong Kong, please visit our website at http://www.malvernpreschool.hk. To find out more about the Malvern College International family, please visit www.malverncollegeinternational.org