Do you have an excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Economics and Business Studies, with an equal desire to empower pupils to exceed expectations? If so, we would love to hear from you. Downside is an independent, co-educational boarding and day school for pupils aged 11 to 18, and one of England’s oldest and most distinguished Catholic schools. We are situated at the foot of the Mendip Hills, twelve miles south of the city of Bath.
Ideally you will be an experienced, talented Economics and Business Studies Teacher with the ability to teach Years 7 to 13. It is essential that the appointed person is an effective team member, who can help to promote Economics and Business Studies by means of academic enrichment, and is willing to seek opportunities to develop teaching and learning within the subject. We would consider applications from Economics and Business Studies post-graduates who have a passion and desire to teach the subject at secondary education level.
Whether you are newly qualified or an experienced teacher, you should possess the drive and determination to develop interest in your subject and inspire all pupils to reach the highest standards. You will be passionate about teaching high calibre pupils up to and including Oxbridge entrance level.
This is a permanent position ideally commencing 28th August 2019. Our latest ISI inspection report states that “the quality of pupils’ academic and other achievements is good” and they are “enthusiastic and highly-motivated learners, able to work independently”. The successful candidate should possess the drive and determination to enthuse all pupils to reach the highest standards.
As a boarding School, all our Teachers engage fully in co-curricular activities and the boarding life of the School.
We are looking for someone who:
• Demonstrates excellent subject knowledge and a passion for Economics and Business Studies.
• Has an ability to teach up to and including A level Economics and Business Studies.
• Will engender an atmosphere within lessons which is conducive to active learning and encourage pupils to learn collaboratively.
• Is dynamic, creative and inspirational, motivating pupils to strive for the best.
• Will be committed to their own professional development.
• Will embrace our Benedictine Catholic ethos.
We can offer:
• A competitive pay scale.
• A supportive, skilled and innovative staff team.
• An inspiring, intellectually rewarding work environment.
• Plenty of opportunities for CPD, and pastoral and co-curricular involvement
• We have an excellent catering facility, which offers all our staff a complimentary lunch.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 25th June 2019, by 09.00
Interviews will be held: To be confirmed
Please complete your application through our applicant tracking system, full details can be found here: https://cvminder.com/1906mit0
Please contact the recruitment email address (hr @ downside.co.uk) if you require further information after reading the application pack.
Downside School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer. By car, we are within 40 minutes of Bristol, 30 minutes of Bath and 15 minutes of Wells.
Registered Charity Number: 1158507