Post Number: SGSUTC04
Full Time Equivalent Salary Range: £24,375.00 - £40,494.00 per annum
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 37 hours per week
SGS Berkeley Green University Technical College opened in September 2017 with outstanding facilities, committed students and a dynamic and experienced staff. We provide specialist, high quality technical and academic education for 14-19 students with a strong interest in Engineering and Digital Technologies including Cyber Security. We are committed to developing our students into the Engineers and Digital Technologists of tomorrow by working closely with our employer partners to deliver our exciting and industry-relevant curriculum.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging Engineering Teacher to join our Team. The successful candidate will teach aspects of our Level 3 Engineering BTEC Extended Diploma and may contribute to Level 2 Engineering, GCSE Design Technology and NCFE Graphic Design. The profile of the successful candidate will in part determine the courses they teach, and the structure of their timetable.
We will give equal consideration to colleagues from school and FE backgrounds, with support provided for staff to achieve QTS where necessary. The successful candidate will also be a Tutor in either key stage 4 or 5.
We require a colleague who has:
• A passion for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
• A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 and KS5 or an NQT with significant potential;
• Exceptional drive and excellent interpersonal skills;
• A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life including our enrichment programme.
In return we offer:
• Teaching at KS4 and KS5 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
• State of the art facilities in a purpose-built £15million Engineering and Digital Technologies environment;
• The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team at a time of great change and potential;
• A professional, business led organisation with unparalleled CPD opportunities and support from SGS College, Gloucestershire University and many business partners.SGS Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust, which was formed in response to the request of the Regional Schools Commissioner, Sir David Carter in November 2014.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor the Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
There are three schools within the Trust:
Forest High School is situated in Cinderford, Forest of Dean. Forest High School has engaged with some of the best learning providers in the county to establish a rich, extensive curriculum and to support classroom teaching, The School is small, intimate and student focused.
SGS Pegasus School opened in September 2017 providing a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism. It is located in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. The School provides a personalised, multi-disciplinary and evidence-based approach to support young people to learn and thrive
SGS Berkeley Green UTC opened in September 2017. As the first University Technical College (UTC) in Gloucestershire, Berkeley Green aspires to combine outstanding academic and technical education.
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education? Can you support our students to become the wealth creators and idea generators of the future? If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
If you are interested in this position please complete a SGSAT- Application Form and return email@example.com ensuring you quote the Post reference number.
Closing Date: 02 March 2020
Expected Interview Date: 13 March 2020
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE