“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is outstanding”
We are seeking to appoint a motivated and ambitious Engineering Teacher to join our popular and oversubscribed STEM specialist academy. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
Proudly rated Good by Ofsted in all 4 categories in June 2016, The UCL Academy is a mixed 11-19 Academy in the heart of the London Borough of Camden. Priding ourselves on high academic aspirations, the Academy is celebrating another exceptionally successful year of A-level results, with our students securing places at some of Britain’s most prestigious universities including our sponsor UCL. Additionally, as expected, our pioneering cohort of students have performed extremely well in the Academy’s first ever set of GCSE exams in 2017; the core subjects students have performed well above national average. Our sponsor University College London provides a range of exciting academic opportunities and exposure to university life for pupils. We offer iconic state-of-the-art facilities and the opportunity to work with the latest innovations in classroom technology.
The Engineering department is at an exciting stage of development both in terms of curriculum and provision. Our fantastic facilities offer 3 fully equipped workshops and a CAD/CAM room with state of the art machinery, ranging from 3D printers, Laser cutters and CNC machines. We strive to encourage students to work on ‘real life’ projects that help develop their understanding of what the role of an engineer is. We also provide hands-on self-directed activities such as Autodesk Inventor Expert club and Robotics. The department aims to be world class and is technically orientated towards systems & control, digital design and digital manufacturing, product design and engineering. We collaborate with UCL across many areas of our practice and this gives the department a huge advantage when preparing students for the 21st century world of engineering.
You can also visit www.uclacademy.co.uk for more information.
- State-of-the-art classroom technology – including our unique Superstudios, subject specialism suites and demonstration theatres for interactive teaching talks by visiting academics from UCL
- Unlimited access to opportunities for self-development
- Intensive weekly Continuing Professional Learning
- An exclusive partnership with UCL where teaching staff have access to unrivalled University libraries and resources
- Laptops & iPads for all teaching staff
- A generous health care plan, including reimbursement for optical, dental, physiotherapy and a range of other areas, 24/7 GP access, online healthcare literature, access to trained counsellors and discounted membership at over 2,000 gyms nationwide
How to Apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Faye Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can contact Faye on 0207 259 8770 for further information.
Your application is a direct application to The UCL Academy, Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Monday 21st May 2018
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments will be subject to receipt of satisfactory Enhanced DBS check, pre-employment checks and a probation period.
Please note that if you have not heard from the Academy within 2 weeks after the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful.