The Lycée Français Charles De Gaulle in London is seeking an ambitious and well-qualified teacher to work within our successful English department.
The role would involve preparing Year 10 and Year 11 students for GCSE English Language and Literature in the British Section, as well as teaching English Language and Literature to Years 7 to 9 across the Lycée.
Our students have a range of abilities and language backgrounds, across the bilingual, international and British Section of the school. However our results in the British Section are excellent, with 50% in Language and 44% in Literature attaining Levels 7-9 in 2019.
The successful candidate:
▪ will have a degree in English and a suitable PGCE qualification, as well as enthusiasm for literature and a willingness to work as part of a team
▪ must have experience teaching English Language and Literature to GCSE
▪ fluency in French would be helpful but not compulsory, as the lessons taught would be to bi-lingual students
▪ 1 year fixed term contract: 23/03/2020 – 19/03/2021
▪ Full time position (19 hours per week)
▪ Salary dependent upon experience and qualifications
Candidates are required to complete the relevant application form.
This should be sent along with a Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter explaining their suitability for the role as soon as possible and not later than 02/03/2020 (midnight) by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by email for an interview which will be held between 11/03/2020 and 12/03/2020 followed by a lesson observation.
The Lycée is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects its entire staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.