Tired, unappreciated, embattled? There is another way to teach English – the Amery Hill way.
I am head of the English department of a medium sized school set in pretty grounds in the market town of Alton, Hampshire and I am looking for a teacher to join the English team.
The school is well resourced and supported by the local community; it manages to maintain a supportive and caring environment for all who attend the school, not easy in a world obsessed by targets.
The English department is highly successful and well established; we are a proactive and supportive department – we like working together and working with great students, many of whom thank us at the end of each lesson!
About the department:
• Each English teacher has his / her classroom located within the English corridor
• The department is well resourced with traditional media as well as ICT provision
• Teachers teach KS3 and KS4 classes
• We currently sit the Edexel and AQA exam boards
• Lessons are taught using mixed ability throughout each year group
• During our last department review, our lessons were judged as good to outstanding
• We work closely with Kings College, London and the Let’s Think, Hampshire team to ensure we are prepared for and supported through the many changes faced by English teachers
We are looking for a teacher to join our team. The teacher we appoint would ideally be:
• Looking for a full time post
• Available September 2018
• Experienced at teaching English at KS3 and GCSE, either as a fully qualified teacher or an NQT
• Enthusiastic about your subject and for inspiring students
• Ready to be part of a strong team and to be valued for their hard work
About the school:
Amery Hill School is the top performing 11 – 16 mixed comprehensive school set in pretty grounds in the market town of Alton, Hampshire.
Following our excellent recent Ofsted inspection, we are very proud of the report and how it reflects the high standard of all round education that we provide for all our learners.
The school is well resourced and supported by the local community; it manages to maintain a supportive and caring environment for all who attend the school.
For further information visit our Website at http://www.ameryhill.hants.sch.uk/. Applications should be addressed to Mrs Elizabeth Wylie, Headteacher and may be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that all applications will be considered upon receipt, therefore an early reply is recommended.
We are committed to safeguarding, follow a strict recruitment process and carry out enhanced DBS checks.