‘Learn, live and develop'
In an inspiring setting students at Eerde learn, live and develop into the people they want to be.
Successful, engaged and responsible with a strong global network
Eerde International Boarding School Netherlands has a vacancy for a teacher to teach IB and IB Foundation Program students. Candidates must be well qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated teachers of English as a second language and be confident to work with new technologies in a dynamic and intercultural environment.
English B (English as a Second Language) – 1.0 FTE
[Start date: as soon as possible]
Closing date for applications: 1 August 2018
The successful candidate will work with our ESL team to ensure that students accessing the English language are supported in the best way possible. We expect the candidate to possess dynamic classroom skills to engage and enhance the learning of English and support student access to online and offline educational material. In addition to the teaching requirement, teachers are required to assist our boarding students and boarding team with private study evenings and weekend activities (5 times per year).
· Qualified teacher of English (QTS, PGCE or equivalent)]. A minimum of a Bachelors (Hons) in the subject and fully qualified to teach the upper secondary students.
· At least 3 years’ experience teaching English as a Second Language
· English mother-tongue speaker
· Confident with use of new technologies
· An excellent team player and willing to work collaboratively
· Flexibility and the desire to be part of a dynamic school community
· Applicants from outside the EU must have a valid permit to work in the Netherlands
· Previous experience in teaching at accredited international (boarding) schools or in an international, intercultural context
· Familiarity with IGCSE /IB English as a second language syllabus
· Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
A full-time position in an international team. Salary and benefits will be reflective of qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send their letter of motivation and their curriculum vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the director of the school Mrs. Deelen-Geuze indicating: English B. The closing date for this vacancy is 1 August 201.
Candidates located outside the Netherlands will be interviewed by Skype.
Please note that early applicants may be invited to interview prior to the deadline due to qualifications and experience.