Bromsgrove International School, Thailand, is a well-established co-educational boarding and day school for over 500 students from ages 2 to 18. The school follows the English National Curriculum, adapted for our international context, from EYFS through to IGCSE, A-Levels and BTEC. We are affiliated to Bromsgrove School, one of the UK’s most prestigious independent boarding and day schools, steeped in over 450 years of history. We aim to utilise the very best aspects of that educational heritage whilst also fostering in our students a love of independent learning and shaping them to become truly global citizens. The school is a fully accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS) and is also a full member of the Federation of British International Schools in Asia (FOBISIA). The school is spread across two campuses: the Early Years Campus (Pre-Nursery to Year 1) and Windsor Park Campus (Year 2 to Year 13). The main Windsor Park campus is located on the idyllic Windsor Park Golf Course on the outskirts of Bangkok, within easy reach of Suvarnabhumi International Airport and is approximately 50 minutes away from the Sukhumvit downtown Bangkok.
Over the past three years the school has grown markedly, in both our student numbers and our reputation for academic excellence and is now the international school of choice in the Eastern Bangkok area. Due to growth in student numbers we now seek an additional Teacher of English as an Additional Language (EAL) who wishes to be part of a professionally dynamic, supportive and forward thinking learning community, in a wonderful Southeast Asian setting.
Our EAL teachers work hard to ensure all our learners make rapid progress in their English language acquisition and are an integral part of the school. We provide both in-class and withdrawal support for our learners depending on their individual needs. Previous and/or current experience of teaching EAL across all phases of an international school would be a distinct advantage.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE/GTP) or a Bachelor's degree in education
- Have a minimum of two years teaching experience in the UK or overseas in a British curriculum school
- Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice, including Assessment for Learning and Accelerated Learning
- Have a thorough knowledge of both Primary and Secondary EAL schemes of learning and frameworks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support teaching and learning
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate
- Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staff room
- Be willing to be fully involved in the extra-curricular life of the Boarding School
The school offers a competitive international salary and benefits package, comparable to similar international schools in the region. For further details of the school and to get a flavour of who we are, please visit our website at www.bromsgrove.ac.th
To apply for this position please submit a full letter of application, curriculum vitae with a minimum of two referees (one of which must be your current Headteacher/Principal) and a recent passport photograph directly to Dr Dan Moore, Headmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bromsgrove International School Thailand is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, such as the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), if UK based, or the equivalent if overseas, as well as written/verbal reference checks from previous employers. Any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks being successfully completed.
Closing date for all applications is Monday 16 July 2018
Interviews for short listed candidates will take place in both central London, Bangkok and via Skype where needed.