11-18 Comprehensive, 500 on Roll, 360 in the joint Sixth Form
Required from September 2017
Teacher of English
Full Time, permanent
Applications from good NQTs also welcome
Somervale is a Media Arts College working as part of the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership, a multi-academy trust consisting of Norton Hill, Somervale and St Dunstan’s Secondary Schools and Clutton, High Littleton, Academy of Trinity and Dundry, Longvernal, Welton and Farrington Primary Schools. The Trust schools have a total of 2450 students on roll. Somervale is a small school by design with a roll of 500 students, allowing for a personalised approach to teaching and learning. Post 16 students are taught as part of the Midsomer Norton Sixth Form (370 on roll) with lessons being taught at both Somervale and Norton Hill. The school offers BTEC, VCERT, GCSE and A Level courses.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced person to teach in our English Department where English results are above national averages for attainment and progress. You should be highly motivated, proactive and able to support all students to achieve their potential. Our aim is to ensure students make the best possible progress and your teaching will be integral to this.
Somervale School serves Midsomer Norton, Radstock and the surrounding rural area where there is an abundance of attractive and affordable housing. The school is on the edge of the Mendips but close to both Bath and Wells
· Be committed to exceptional standards of teaching and learning
· Be able to motivate, challenge and inspire students to achieve their best
· Be able to establish and develop outstanding relationships with students and staff
· Be a team player able to contribute to key leadership decisions
· Contribute to our core vision and values
We can offer you:
· A forward looking and innovative school
· A school with outstanding behaviour and safety for all
· Good facilities for teaching and learning
· Leading edge professional development support to improve your practice including NCSL accredited training
· A school where care, guidance and support are central to ensuring students make outstanding progress
· A school where learning is really personalised
To download an application pack please visit our vacancies area on our website http://www.somervaleschool.com
Closing date for vacancy: 09:00, Tuesday 25th April 2017
Provisional date for Interview: Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.