Saltus Grammar School invites applications for position of Teacher of English, a Maternity Leave Cover commencing as soon as possible and ending April 2018.
Maternity Leave Cover commencing as soon as possible and ending April 2018
Saltus Grammar School is a high achieving, co-educational day school educating students between the ages of 4 and 18. The school is a leading independent school in Bermuda and enjoys an excellent reputation in the local and international community. The school has a Primary Department, which embraces the Foundation Year, the Lower Primary and the Upper Primary years, and the Secondary Department which includes the Saltus Graduate Years. The school’s international curriculum blends the best of both UK and North American traditions. In addition to academic excellence, particular emphasis is placed on the all-round development of students, and sport, music and drama are key aspects of school life.
The successful candidate for this position will:
Teach both English Language and English Literature to Key Stage 3, 4 and 5. Ability to teach Advanced Placement English Language and/or (I)GCSE is preferred.
Candidates for the above position:
- Must be a qualified graduate with a minimum of three years classroom teaching experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate a variety of teaching and learning approaches and resources.
- Must be an experienced teacher who has proven ability/success in the delivery of their subject in a differentiated classroom at all levels of the Secondary Department.
- Must have a proven ability in the use of information technology in the delivery of the curriculum
- Must be able to use an online grading system and be willing to create and update schemes of work and resources.
- Must be licensed by or qualified to be licensed by the Bermuda Educators Council.
- Must have a commitment to the principles of independent education and be willing to contribute to extracurricular activities and the broader life of the School.
- Must be willing to provide cover for absences and/or advisory.
- Must be committed to academic excellence and strive for positive relations with all students, parents and colleagues alike.
- Must be able to thrive in a busy environment.
All applicants must provide the following information: title of the position applied for, full name, date of birth, national status, full details of secondary and higher education with dates, full qualifications with dates, full details of work experience (indicating responsibilities and dates), and also the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two persons who are willing to provide confidential professional references, one of whom should be your current employer.
Candidates are requested to e-mail a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at:
Saltus Grammar School
P.O. Box HM 2224, Hamilton HM JX, Bermuda
For further information on Saltus Grammar School, please visit the school's website at www.saltus.bm