TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Recruitment Event: 11th January 2018 17:30 – 18:30
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Start Date: 22 August 2018 or sooner
Closing Date: 15th January 2018
Salary: MPS / UPS
Are you a committed classroom teacher wanting to broaden your experience and skills?
Do you want to work in a school where teachers teach and scholars learn?
Can you work effectively as part of a team and build strong relationships?
Will you work hard to ensure every child reaches their potential because you believe in effort based ability?
Why teach at Dixon McMillan Academy?
Dixons McMillan opened in September 2014 with just one Year 7 cohort. In September 2016 we moved into our new building and we have close to 600 scholars on site. This is a great career opportunity to be part of a new and expanding school. It is a very special place to work.
We ensure that teachers can prioritise teaching above everything else. By keeping teaching the main thing, staff are able to refine and develop their practice in the classroom within a nurturing environment. Tailored coaching and considerable time to plan allows staff and scholars to fulfil their potential. Our values driven culture genuinely enables teachers to teach and scholars to learn. We are incredibly proud of our staff and scholars who do what it takes for as long as it takes to be successful. We have very high expectations of staff, but we value them highly. We were graded outstanding by Ofsted in all areas in June 2017, we are now focused on ensuring we are one of the best schools in the country.
The successful candidate will be:
- an excellent teacher who will do whatever it takes to ensure the life choices of all Dixons McMillan scholars are maximised
- someone who can show measurable impact as an individual teacher and at departmental level
- focused on building strong professional relationships by valuing everyone in our school
- able to motivate and inspire scholars to achieve their full potential
- aligned to a can-do culture, positive and solution focused environment
- committed to the happiness, well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance for the academy.
More information about our vacancies and a downloadable application form can be found on our website: http://www.dixonsma.com/index.php/vacancies
We fully recommend potential applicants to visit the school before sending an application.