JFS is a co-educational inclusive, modern, orthodox Jewish school that strives to produce well-educated, faithful and proud Jews who will be responsible and contributing members of society. JFS is a truly wonderful school. This is clear from our stunning annual public examination results which see us consistently placed in the top five schools in the country outside the independent sector.
We are looking to appoint a teacher of English to join our successful department from January 2017.
Key responsibilities will include:
- implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and support a designated curriculum area or areas, as appropriate;
- monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/Form Tutor;
- facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
- contribute to raising standards of student attainment;
- share and support the School's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth;
JFS is an oversubscribed, mixed, comprehensive, voluntary-aided Jewish school. Applications from teachers of faith or non-faith backgrounds are most welcome.
Our modern campus is on a 26-acre greenfield site with a welcoming inclusive and warm, caring family environment. JFS was re-accredited with Investors in People status and achieved the Gold Award. We have also been awarded Investor in Careers status and the Challenge Award of the National Association for Gifted and Talented Students (NACE).
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
JFS, The Mall, Kenton, Harrow HA3 9TE
For more information and to apply please contact Amy McKenzie at Hays Education.
T 020 3818 7041