Teacher of English
Required for January 2020
St Michael’s Catholic School is a heavily over-subscribed and popular school with a through-School Campus in High Wycombe, and a new secondary campus in Aylesbury. Our High Wycombe campus is unique in being a through-school in Buckinghamshire, providing excellent educational opportunities for children from 3 to 19. Our Aylesbury Campus currently educates 270 pupils across Year 7 & 8 and is estimated to grow by a further 180 pupils per year until reaching full capacity in 2022.
Our new school building is a £24 million project which opened this September, meeting Aylesbury’s need for additional school places
We are looking for an inspirational full time English teacher for our Aylesbury site We have children who are excited to learn and a very supportive parent body. Judged to be ‘good’ by Ofsted, we are moving forwards rapidly and are securing high standards and excellent rates of progress for our children.
The school prides itself on:
• Collaborative and supportive teams with an innovative CPD model.
• Extensive success with induction of new staff to the school.
• A strong, inclusive Catholic Ethos
The successful candidate will be:
• A well-qualified teacher with a vision for the future.
• A highly motivated team player.
• Passionate about their subject.
• Keen to teach across full age and ability range.
• Determined to develop professionally and to contribute to others CPD.
• Committed to the care and inclusion of all pupils.
• Able to inspire pupils to achieve.
• Confident working in partnership with others.
• An excellent communicator.
• Supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school.
• Show an excellent commitment to raising attainment through extra-curricular activities.
At St Michael's you will be fortunate enough to be part of a community that is dedicated to achieving the best for our pupils. The opportunities that are available as a Through School with an additional Campus in Aylesbury are truly unique. As a team of caring professional staff, we are determined that St Michael's will be second to none in the quality of its curriculum opportunities, teaching, learning, staff and resources. We are committed to providing the highest standards of education from Nursery through to Sixth Form.
For further information, an application pack or an informal discussion regarding the post, please contact our recruitment partner, Richard Lanning at Hays Education via email@example.com , call 01273 729465 o r visit https://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/michael
St Michael's Catholic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS.