We are a highly supportive school with leadership to help you develop and flourish. Our staff are ambitious for our school and committed to seeing our students achieve their full potential. If you are passionate about language and literature, communicate well with young people and have a desire to make a positive impact on their learning, then we want to hear from you.
The English department comprises of several long-serving members of staff as well as some newer to the profession. responsibilities are distributed throughout the team and led by a Curriculum Leader who is also a member of SLT. The job would suit an NQT or a more experienced teacher. Candidaes who are able to teach more than one subject are also encouraged to apply.:
We will offer you:
- Results at the national average and improving rapidly
- A well-resourced department with excellent facilities and equipment
- Collaboratively planned schemes of work to help manage the workload associated with lesson planning
- Personalised, wide-ranging CPD that enables you to be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
- Warm and supportive atmosphere within the department
- Supportive and thorough induction programme
- A primary school with discounted nursery provision for staff
- Clear policies and structures in place, led by a strong SLT
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with a highly experienced Executive Director. In Ofsted's visit in January, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visiT:
- "Inspirational leadership has enabled a rapid improvement across all areas of the academy".
- "Outcomes have imporved because of strong subject leadership"/.
- "The behaviour of pupils is good. There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
- "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' well-eing and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
- "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
- "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link advisor ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
- "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
Consequently, results have continued to rise for four years in a row and are above the national average for the first time in the Academy's history with a Progress 8 score of 0.20 in 2018-19.
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of XOxford, moved into new purpose built acommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
For further information, contact Mrs E Perrin EA to the Executive Principal at email@example.com or clip on the Apply Now Button.