Vision for Education, the supply arm of TES, are seeking to appoint an inspirational Full-Time English Teacher to join our successful supply teaching team and to work in a Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) school in Cambridge. This is a full-time position, working exclusively with children with Autism (ASD/ASC) to start from after Easter 2018 and continue on a permanent basis if you are the right person for the school.
The successful English Teacher will need to have the ability to teach pupils across the Secondary School phase from Key Stage Three (KS3), Key Stage Four (KS4) and Key Stage Five (KS5). You will be expected to teach both English Language and English Literature to GCSE and Function Skills Level, as well as some students who choose to take A-Level English Literature at Key Stage Five (KS5). The successful English Teacher will be expected to work effectively within a well-develop and strong team to plan and deliver an engaging and creative English curriculum to children with Autism (ASD/ASC).
The school specialises in providing effective and high-quality provision for children and young people with Autism (ASD/ASC). The school have a strong Senior Leadership team who are extremely passionate about developing excellent CPD opportunities for all of their staff. In addition, the school was recently rated ‘Good’ with Ofsted and are working collaboratively to achieve ‘Outstanding’ for their next inspection. There is a genuine focus within the school for ensuring that children with Autism develop a love for lifelong learning during their studies.
To be considered for the position as English Teacher you must:
· Be a Secondary School Teacher with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
· Have experience of teaching English Language and/or English Literature
· Have a strong passion for teaching, with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring English lessons
· Have an effective approach when it comes to supporting children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), particularly Autism (ASD/ASC)
· Be able to adjust lessons and teaching approaches if required
· Have a genuine desire to become part of committed team of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) practitioners.
Applications from Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs) are welcome for this position as an English Teacher, as the school has a very strong and well-developed NQT training and support programme.
At Vision for Education, we take our responsibilities to our practitioners seriously and our aim is to ensure you are well supported and rewarded for your efforts. As part of the Vision for Education team, and as an English Teacher, you will receive:
· Excellent daily rates of pay, paid weekly through PAYE
· Support through your placements
· Unparalleled daily rates
· Access to a dedicated SEND Consultant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
· Access to free specialist Continued Professional Development (CPD) opportunities such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and Moving and Handling Qualifications, and 20+ eLearning Courses through EduCare
· £50 reward every time you recommend a colleague
· Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drink
If you are an English Teacher who can enthuse, motivate and engage students with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you today.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and meet Vision for Education's stringent safeguarding checks for this position. We will also require you to hold a current DBS certificate (Child Workforce only) and it be registered on the Online Update Service. If your DBS is not registered online or you do not hold a DBS under Child Workforce, Vision will assist in your application.
Apply today or for more information on this role and other teaching opportunities Vision for Education have to offer within Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) across Cambridgeshire, please contact the Peterborough SEND Team on 01733 371371 or Lauren.Bates@visionforeducation.co.uk