Bassingbourn Village College is an excellent school set in South Cambridgeshire. We are very proud of our school and the educational opportunities that it provides for our wonderful students. We have very high aspirations and ambitions. Our exam results are excellent placing Bassingbourn Village College consistently amongst the top performing state schools in Cambridgeshire and well above the national average. We are one of the founding members of Anglian Learning, a multi academy trust formed of four highly successful Cambridgeshire secondary schools.
The Governors of the College are looking to appoint an outstanding professional to the position of English teacher. This position would be perfect for either an NQT looking for an excellent team to work with as they start their career, or someone with a bit more experience who has a desire to embed their practice among a gifted group of practitioners.
- a supportive, committed and motivated team full of specialist staff
- small class sizes
- additional non contact time
- IWB in each room
- a forward thinking team open to new initiatives and strategies
- well behaved and motivated students
- supportive parents and governors
- clear opportunities for both professional and career development
The successful candidate will:
- be a creative and dynamic teacher
- have excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- possess resilience and a sense of humour
- have the capacity to reflect, modify and implement learning to challenge and support all students
- be committed to raising standards of achievement for all
Bassingbourn Village College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Flexible working requests will be considered.
To apply, please complete an application form which is available on our website www.bassingbournvc.net/vacancies and forward with a letter to Mrs Smith by post or email to email@example.com outlining how you would successfully implement the requirements of the job description and how your previous experience has successfully prepared you for this post.
Closing date: noon on 27th January 2020, Interviews 31st January 2020
We reserve the right to interview suitable candidates prior to the closure date.