Teachers of English Salary: MPR-UPR
New College Durham Academies Trust is the lead sponsor for two large Academies, Consett Academy and North Durham Academy, located some six miles apart in North West Durham. Both Academies are located in multi million pound new builds, offering unrivalled state of the art facilities for our students and communities in Consett and Stanley.
North Durham Academy is currently looking to appoint ambitious Teachers of English to join our successful English Directorate from September 2018. This role presents an unrivalled opportunity to make a real difference and the chance to contribute to our journey in becoming an outstanding provider of education.
We can offer:
- A bespoke CPD package for all staff
- The chance to work in state of the art facilities
- An IPad/ICT device for all teaching staff
- Discounted membership rates at local leisure facilities.
- For NQT’s a bespoke training programme led by a member of the Senior Leadership Team
We are looking for a colleague who is:
- Good or Outstanding
- Able to raise students aspirations and attainment
- Able to plan lessons and ensure the use of assessment is effective in securing student progress
- Able to contribute to extra-curricular activities
- Has high expectations of their students
- Consistently models excellent practice and has students' achievement and progress at the forefront of their teaching.
- Wants an exciting opportunity to work in a vibrant school that makes a difference to our young people’s lives.
The ability to teach A level would be advantageous, although not essential.
To download an application pack, including job description, person specification and application form, please visit our website: http://www.northdurhamacademy.co.uk/22/vacancies
To arrange a visit or informal chat just email Human Resources at HR@ncdat.org.uk
Please do not attach copies of CV's/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Completed applications should be emailed to: HR@ncdat.org.uk by no later than Noon: Monday 26th March 2018.
Applicants should assume they have been unsuccessful if we have not contacted them within 28 days of the post-closing.