Number on roll 1278 (with 218 in the Sixth Form)
TEACHER OF ENGLISH (Temporary - Maternity Cover)
Main Professional Scale - Full Time - Immediate Start
Cardinal Newman is a popular 11-18 Catholic School and Specialist Arts College, set in the pleasant outskirts of Coventry. The school has an excellent reputation, built on strong, long-standing relationships with the local community and beyond.
We are looking to recruit a dedicated and enthusiastic teacher of English to join our friendly faculty. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to the delivery of high quality teaching and learning, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
Our 2017 results were above average, with 81% of students in Year 11 achieving Grade 4-9 or above in English Language or Literature. As a faculty, our ultimate goal is to ensure that all of our students are successful and achieve the best results they can.
We are extremely proud of our successes and are determined to continue to improve to meet the needs of our students. Our English results were amongst some of the best in the city and this is something we pride ourselves on. In addition, our results at A Level were outstanding with 100% of students achieving A*-C in English Literature and in English Language and Literature combined.
This post is suitable for an NQT or more experienced teacher.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have the capacity to teach English across all ages and ability ranges.
• Have excellent subject knowledge and be able to deliver an engaging curriculum.
• Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and passion for their subject.
• Have fantastic classroom management and organisation
• Willing to work as part of a very successful, supportive and friendly team.
• Promote the Catholic ethos of the school
Cardinal Newman School can offer:
• A well-motivated body of students.
• A friendly, enthusiastic and supportive staff.
• CPD programmes to support and develop teachers particularly for NQTs.
• A vibrant programme of extra-curricular activities, which broaden the experience of our students.
• A caring ethos with strong international links and a commitment to actively supporting global charity and fundraising projects.
Application packs are available via the school website or Suzanne Harris, Headteacher’s PA Tel: 024 7633 2382 Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9.00am, Tuesday 31 October 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.