We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed and dynamic Teacher of English to join the English department and teach across the Middle and Secondary years. The successful candidate will join an outstanding department that has student success at its centre. All teaching staff are expected to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the school.
The English College, Dubai is an established, independent, and co-educational school that opened in 1992. We offer a curriculum that accesses the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for FS1 and FS2, then addresses the National Curriculum of England from Year 1 to Year 13, with courses leading to GCSE and GCE A level examinations.
Our exceptional teachers, motivated students and highly supportive parent body create a vibrant learning community that works together to achieve results far above those expected. Our dedicated, UK qualified staff create innovative lessons and maintain high standards, enabling our students to achieve 36% A**-A, 78% A**-B and 93% A**-C at GCSE; as well as 85% A*-C and 100% A*-E at A Level last academic year.
Currently 760 students with an increasing roll, our student body is both international and dynamic. This creates a dynamic learning environment with diversity and tolerance at its core. Students maintain strong links with The English College, Dubai long after leaving and our links with the local community are clear.
The English College, Dubai has a well-established pastoral system and a strong academic tradition. Our teachers form an integral part of maintaining our high standards. The English College, Dubai provides innovative, inclusive provision for our students and plans for expansion and further development are an on-going priority for the school. As such, we are seeking applicants for teaching positions, for the academic year 2019-20.
Successful applicants will:
• Be enthusiastic, talented and dedicated practitioners with excellent subject knowledge
• Hold PGCE or equivalent teaching qualifications from the UK
• Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching and have QTS
• Be able to provide a UK enhanced DBS or equivalent police check
• Be professional in appearance and conduct
• Be willing to contribute to the wider curriculum and support the vision of the school
Our remuneration package includes:
• Tax free salary
• Furnished accommodation in a central Dubai location
• Medical insurance
• Annual flight allowance
• Baggage allowance for initial relocation
• Tuition fees for up to two children
• Visa costs
• End of service gratuity in line with UAE Labour Law
Please apply by completing the online application form.
The application deadline for this vacancy is 24th March 2019. We look forward to receiving your application. As we are likely to interview applicants upon receipt of application, please apply at your earliest convenience and do not wait until the closing date.