British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers and supportive parents?
TEACHER OF ENGLISH/EAL required for August 2017
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced English/EAL teacher who is able to provide whole school EAL direction as well as teach English in KS3.
The successful candidate would be joining a strong, hard-working team which is committed to achieving excellence and in which a creative approach to teaching and learning in English is strongly encouraged. Colleagues are supportive and there are good relationships between staff and students. You will be an excellent classroom practitioner, and be willing to support the Curriculum Leader to build on the successes of the department.
EAL is part of the whole school Student Services department. The EAL role includes teaching students, developing assessment criteria and providing support and guidance to others.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT effectively as a teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- hold a recognised teaching qualification in EAL and have experience working in KS3 and above;
- work collaboratively with the Director of Student Services and the English faculty;
- manage EAL provision, provide teacher support and initiate EAL focussed extra curricula activities;
- have an excellent understanding of the assessment and provision for EAL students.
To apply, please follow the link: https://uptic.net/job/255 and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Friday 6th January 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa