Teacher of English
Start Date: September 2020
Salary range: Main/Upper Pay Spine £24,373- £40,490
The Eastbourne Academy Ofsted report (January 2017) confirmed once again that we are a Good school. The Lead Inspector commented: “Pupils are immensely proud of their school and are keen to learn.” We have regularly won awards for national achievement and our rebuilding programme was completed in 2013 -14 so that you will be working in state of the art facilities. We operate a one to one iPad/Chromebook scheme for students and staff.
We want to appoint teachers of the highest calibre and realise that we also have to offer a competitive package. Additionally, therefore, we can offer enhancements of up to £5,000 on an annual basis for English, Mathematics and Science, depending on expertise and experience.
Working with the Curriculum Leader for English, the person appointed will be an energetic and inspirational classroom teacher, who is already, or has the potential to be an outstanding practitioner. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the growth of the department through the planning and delivery of engaging English lessons to a range of abilities across Key Stage 3 and 4. The successful applicant will be required to teach Key Stage 4 English Language and Literature.
This position would suit either an ambitious NQT or an established teacher:
● can provide outstanding quality learning and teaching in the English department, modelling excellence in the classroom.
● can demonstrate creativity and flair in the classroom.
● can enthuse and motivate students.
● have the vision and energy required to impact on the continuous process of raising attainment in the English department.
● have a belief in the value and talents of all students.
● have a passion for English.
● have a commitment to achieve excellence for all.
● have thorough knowledge and understanding of ICT, with a proven record of using ICT to enhance Teaching & Learning in the
We strongly recommend all interested candidates come and visit The Academy and meet our students and staff. Visits can be arranged at any time by contacting Mrs Melanie Hopkins, the Principal’s P.A & H.R. Liaison, by telephone (01323 514906) or by e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org .
In accordance with current GDPR compliance we will not keep any details/application forms on file once the position is filled.
Please note, we cannot accept CVs.
Closing Date: 27 January 2020 @ 9am
Interviews: To be confirmed
Swale Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from ROA and will require an enhanced DBS disclosure.