We seek a flexible and innovative English teacher to join our highly committed department. The successful candidate will teach English across the school including GCSE and IB. The school has excellent facilities for promoting effective teaching and learning. The position will be available from 1 August 2021. The school offers personal professional development opportunities in a supportive framework. Previous experience of teaching within the UK National Curriculum or a British style international school is desirable. All staff are expected to show a genuine commitment to co-curricular activities.
BISC is one of the leading academic schools in the region. Located on the western fringe of Cairo, the School enjoys the benefits of a modern, purpose-built, spacious campus with state of the art facilities. BISC is an IB World School, a member of COBIS, BSME and IAPS. Further details are available on our website: www.bisc.edu.eg
Cairo itself is a bustling city, home to some of the world’s most iconic ancient monuments, with good access to other countries in the region. It is a city with a rich cultural heritage, a crossroads between Africa, the Middle East and Europe. With a population close to twenty million Cairo is a city of huge contrasts and provides endless opportunities for exploration and discovery.
- graduate in an English or Literature related degree with qualified teacher status;
- enthusiastic and innovative teacher with a genuine passion for teaching, who can motivate and inspire students using a variety of strategies;
- recent experience teaching British national curriculum and GCSE, A level or IB;
- includes Assessment for Learning as an integral part of classroom practice
- understands how to stretch more able and support weaker students;
- works as a member of a team in a collaborative manner;
- committed to her/his own professional development;
- understands an inquiry based approach to learning;
- committed to contributing to a holistic approach to education
- enjoys the opportunity to participate in co-curricular activities;
- meets our CHILD PROTECTION and SAFEGUARDING requirements in full.
- To comply with Egyptian employment law, applicants must have QTS and a MINIMUM of two years teaching post qualification teaching experience.
The British International School, Cairo (BISC) operates a similar teaching scale to schools in the UK which increases with teaching experience. All salaries are tax free and paid in Pounds Sterling. The current basic salary for a teacher with three years’ experience is £34,000 p.a. while the salary of the majority of staff is over £39,000 p.a.
In addition all overseas contract teachers benefit from rent-free, furnished accommodation, private BUPA Gold medical insurance, annual return travel to the UK, and generous fee remission for school-aged children.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by completing the online application form on the TES website. In addition please upload a letter of application, addressed to the Principal - Mr. Graeme Keslake as a pdf document.
Applications must include the contact details for at least two professional referees one of whom should be your current employer.
Completed applications should be submitted electronically via ‘Apply Now’ on TES Online. The initial deadline for receipt of applications is 22nd November 2020. This post will also be available for interview at the TES job fair in late November.
Shortlisted candidates not attending the fair will be invited to an initial interview via Zoom or Skype.
Employer: The British International School, Cairo (BISC)
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Contract type: Full time
Start date: 1st August 2021
Contract term: Two years renewable
Closing date: 5th December 2021
The British International School, Cairo is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment practices, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. UK and EU passport holders based will be required to obtain an ICPC check.
The British International School, Cairo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
The British International School, Cairo is a co-educational day school committed to excellence and positivity. We are a world class school where children experience high quality learning and the emotional growth that enables them to fulfill the...