Teacher of English
Permanent Position - MPS/UPS
Required for January 2018
We are seeking to appoint for January 2018, an outstanding, driven and enthusiastic teacher of English to our dedicated, supportive and ambitious English department. We are looking for someone who is committed to securing high standards and has a proven record of raising academic achievement.
As a teacher of English you will be passionate about your subject and about improving the life chances of your pupils through consistently outstanding provision and practice. We are looking for an individual who can motivate, challenge and inspire all our pupils, irrespective of background or ability, to be the best that they can be.
This would be an ideal opportunity for someone seeking their first English teaching role; equally, the post would offer excellent opportunities for more experienced teachers who are looking to develop and enhance their professional expertise.
Holy Family has undergone a period of transition and is keen to build and develop upon the energy, vision and commitment shown by the new Headteacher since September 2016. The leadership team have a focused strategy that aims to secure an Ofsted judgement of at least Good by June 2019 and this is an excellent opportunity for you to play an active part in the further and sustained improvement of the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
- Be a consistently good teacher with the potential to be outstanding
- Have a passion for the teaching and learning of English
- Be committed to raising of standards across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Be able to inspire pupils to achieve their full potential in English
In return we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a successful, genuinely inclusive school with an excellent reputation
- A positive and progressive working environment focused on pupil progress
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to learn and develop your teaching abilities, an excellent springboard onto further opportunities
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then this is an excellent opportunity for you.
For full details, to discuss the role or to request an application pack, please contact our recruitment partner, Arthur (AJ) Blyth at Hays Education on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0114 217 1556.
We welcome visits from potential candidates - please contact AJ Blyth to arrange this.
The closing date for this post is Tuesday 26th September at 12 noon. Interview dates are to be confirmed.
We reserve the right to close vacancies early if we have sufficient suitable applications.Therefore we encourage interested applicants to submit an application as soon as possible.
Holy Family Catholic High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. Holy Family Catholic High School is an Equal Opportunities employer.