Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive girls’ school and the sister school to Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The boys’ school has a long-standing reputation in the local area for delivering an outstanding education to its pupils and this will be replicated in the girls’ school.
The Trust prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. This will be a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff will feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional teacher of English with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, an individual that will become an integral part of the department, who will support the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals. We would like a teacher who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues. The ideal candidate will be expected to contribute to extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality. Woolwich Poly Girls’ School, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive girls’ school that will pride itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. It will be a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff feel valued and supported.
We are looking for a teacher who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching English
• The ability to be an outstanding English teacher
• The willingness to work as part of a motivated and dedicated team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 4 March 2019.