The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Kew House School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and enthusiastic graduate Teacher to help in the growth and development of the English department. You will be an outstanding teacher of English with experience of teaching to GCSE and to A level desirable.
A second in department role is available for the appropriate candidate. Please indicate on the application if you wish to be considered for this role.
- Good degree in an appropriate subject and a recognised teaching qualification
- Demonstrate the capabilities to assist in the development of the department and in the production of the online facility and development of the curriculum
- Ability to teach English from Year 7 through to GCSE and to A level desirable
- Commitment to, and experience of, using a range of teaching styles and methods including ICT. Classrooms are equipped with IWB/ digital projectors and a VLE has been developed to support student learning
- Willingness to offer extra support through subject clinics and revision classes
- Willingness to participate in the wider co-curricular life of the school
The school is committed to staff development and this position will provide a good springboard for further promotion within the school and beyond. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
The school operates its own pay scales consistent with national teacher pay scales and will offer salary commensurate with experience and the nature of the role.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Mr Mark Hudson, Headmaster, Kew House School, 6 Capital Interchange Way, London, TW8 0EX.
Closing date: Midday on 23rd January 2017.
Suitable applicants will be contacted by email and invited to attend an interview by arrangement.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Kew House School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.