We are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspiring Teacher of English who is passionate about their subject and able to make a positive contribution to the learning experiences of our students. This role is fixed term from 1st January up to the February half term. You will be joining a highly successful and forward-thinking department in a growing school, teaching across the age and attainment range at both Key Stage 3 and 4 in an environment where students are well behaved and keen to do well.
At RMS, we are looking for a teacher who:
- Has excellent subject knowledge and strong teaching skills
- Is able to build positive relationships with all learners and is committed to raising attainment of all students
- Will work collaboratively within the English team to contribute to the success of the department
- Is willing to commit to extracurricular activities that add value to the school and local community
- Is able to respond positively and creatively to the changing expectations of the subject
In return, we can offer:
- Excellent support and a wide range of opportunities for continued professional development
- A dedicated and hardworking team who place students at the heart of everything
- Great students who are proud to be part of the school
- A well-resourced curriculum area
- The opportunity to take an active role in innovative curriculum developments
English is a leading department within the school and we are proud of our outstanding record of success. In 2019, 80% of our students achieved a Grade 4 or higher in English and 76% achieved a Grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths. Examinations were not completed in summer 2020 and 2021, however, RMS students continued to perform very well in English Language and Literature.
We have high expectations of all our students and are committed to the personal and professional development of our staff.
Robert May’s School, which dates from 1694, is a high attaining and oversubscribed 11-16 Academy school with a distinctive ethos based on the charitable principles of our founder. We are situated in a rural setting in Hampshire, with good rail and road access.
We would welcome the opportunity for an informal discussion or visit. Please contact Lisa Shackleton, HR Officer on 01256 702700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to arrange a visit. Should you wish to apply for this post, please see the school website www.rmays.org/joining-us/vacancies/ for an application form and submit your application to email@example.com
Robert May’s School is a highly successful comprehensive single academy trust school, with the largest catchment area in Hampshire. In recent years the school has ranked in the top 10% of national non-selective schools for attainment. Its 1,290...