An exciting opportunity exists for an exceptional candidate who is able to teach English throughout the school, including A-Level, to join our outstanding and forward-thinking English Faculty. There could also be the opportunity for a leadership role within our English faculty, for an additional payment, which can be discussed at interview.
Leventhorpe is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. It was rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. We are an accredited Teaching School; currently Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School Centres Initial Teacher Training within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
To be successful, you will:
- be able to teach A-Level
- have a passion for teaching and learning
- have excellent subject knowledge
- be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
- have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
- be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress
In return, we can provide:
- a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
- English Faculty results of 93% 4-9 at GCSE
- a large Sixth Form of which a significant proportion choose to study English
- exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
- first-rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership
- excellent facilities. In recent years Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme, including most recently a £6 million new sports complex (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1 million Learning Resource Centre, re-modelling of Design & Technology facilities, £150k annual investment in ICT provision. To accommodate our expanding roll a further £7M investment is planned to include a new, state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new science and sixth form block
- a school judged Outstanding in all respects in January 2012
- priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period
For further information and to apply, click the Apply link.
Closing date: 12 noon, Wednesday 24th April 2019.
Interviews will take place the following week.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.