The successful candidate will join our outstanding and forward thinking English Faculty.
Leventhorpe is a Business and Enterprise Academy that in January 2012 was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding in all categories. In June 2012 we were awarded National Support School status and we are also an accredited Teaching School, jointly leading the local Teaching School Alliance.
The successful candidate will:
• be able to teach A-Level
• have a passion for teaching and learning
• have excellent subject knowledge
• be an effective team player and value every aspect of the life of the school
• have effective interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire students
• be an active learner, who constantly strives to improve, with the desire to progress.
In return Leventhorpe can provide:
• a positive working environment in a heavily oversubscribed school with an excellent academic record and high standards which places strong emphasis on student learning and achievement
• English Faculty results of 81% A*-C at GCSE and 100% A*-E at A-Level
• a large Sixth Form of 280 students of which 100 plus choose to study English
• exceptionally dedicated colleagues and enthusiastic students
• first rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our training school status and National Support School status
• outstanding facilities including a £6 million new Leisure Centre (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts), £1.2 million Learning Resources Centre, re-modelled Design & Technology facilities and Science labs, annual £100k investment in ICT provision.
• annual gym membership
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants.
We would welcome applications from NQTs or experienced teachers. Please apply to Wendy Shannon by letter and application form which can be found on our website. Closing date 12.00 noon, 22nd May 2017. Interviews will take place Thursday 25th May 2017.
Applications will also be considered for the School Direct Training Programme (salaried). This is an employment-based route for high quality experienced graduates with at least three years’ work experience who do not hold a teaching qualification but to whom we could offer training.