When you join GEMS Education you join an international education company with a global network of International schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest staff calibre. To find out more about GEMS Education visit: www.gemseducation.com
GEMS Winchester School, Fujairah, delivering the British Curriculum, was founded in September 2016. Housed in brand new state of the art buildings with excellent facilities, WSF has grown at a rapid rate to meet the needs of a local Emirati and international ex-patriate community. As an all-through school (currently reception to first year of A Levels), our number on roll is anticipated to be around 2200 in September 2021.
GEMS has a world-class reputation for outstanding education and our school is ready to meet the needs of Fujairah as it becomes the premier city on the beautiful eastern coast of the UAE, and WSF continues to be the school of choice in the region.
Fujairah is just over an hour from Dubai and sits at the foot of the Hajar Mountains facing the Indian Ocean. The beautiful coastline and spectacular scenery makes Fujairah a popular destination for water sports enthusiasts and visitors. Its large port, one of the deepest in the world, attracts international businesses and trade is growing rapidly. Fujairah is now rivalling other famous UAE destinations as a modern city with a vibrant economy and culture.
Teachers can enjoy a healthy balance to life, with numerous modern malls, cinemas, bars and restaurants, with beautiful beaches and resorts to match all budgets within a short drive. For those that enjoy a lower cost of living and a quieter pace of life, Fujairah is a wonderful place to live and work, with the benefit of having Dubai and its many international concerts, activities, facilities and events so close by.
Professionally, teachers enjoy the same competitive scale and benefits as all GEMS schools in the UAE. WSF is fortunate to boast a hard-working, highly qualified and experienced faculty of teachers that share a commitment to lifelong learning and continuous development. Around 20% of our teachers are recruited from the UK, with the remainder joining us from all corners of the globe. Please visit our website to find out more about the leadership team in the school.
About the Role:
We are looking for an outstanding English teacher to join our team at GEMS Winchester School, Fujairah from January 2022.
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programs and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world as we expand into more and more countries.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Education (as per ministry requirements)
- Proven experience of teaching English to A-Level
- The ability to share your outstanding practice
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
As a teacher at a GEMS School you can expect:
- Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
All positions attract a competitive tax-free remuneration package.
GEMS Teachers also have free access to our loyalty app GEMS rewards www.gemsrewards.com which provides significant savings on day to day life in the UAE. We offer thousands of discounts and 2 for 1 offers on everything from flights, hotels, restaurants and retail outlets, making your salary go further and enhancing the opportunity to save whilst working overseas.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree where the title includes subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, UK Qualified Teacher Status or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Over 21 and below 58 years of age
GEMS Winchester School Fujairah (WSF), delivering the British Curriculum, was founded in September 2016. Housed in a purpose-built state-of-the-art campus, with excellent facilities, WSF has grown at a rapid rate to meet the needs of a local Emirati ...