Teacher of English
Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.00pm (Term-Time only, 39 weeks)
Salary- Qualified Teacher Scales (above fringe)
Starting 2nd September 2019
An opportunity has arisen to join the English Team at West Heath School. We require a dynamic, motivated, pro-active and well-organised individual who has the ability and skills to successfully deliver dynamic lessons to a diverse range of students.
The role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. A sound knowledge of relevant current GCSE and Functional Skills specifications, SEN legislation and programmes for special educational provision & practice is desirable to ensure that provision and interventions are appropriate. The position will see you as part of a core subject team as well as a pastoral tutor.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a direct impact on students’ lives.
All of our learners have ECHPs and as a school we are proud to promote the development of life skills and social development as equal to academic achievement. West Heath School work towards the end goal of helping students re-integrate into mainstream learning and preparation for adulthood.
• Full driving licence and use of own vehicle
• QTS/PGCE or equivalent preferable
• Experience of working in schools (preferably SEN)
• Good subject knowledge in KS3, GCSE English Language and Literature and Functional Skills English
• Fresh ideas and a good insight into how to support students
• Understanding of SEN teaching strategies and techniques
• Proactive, creative and innovative
• Emotionally robust and resilient
• Flexible, engaging and adaptable
• Free lunch and refreshments as well as free parking onsite
• Regular mentoring and coaching
• Regular training from internal and external experts
• Career progression opportunities
• Pension scheme
• Discounted venue hire for parties/weddings
Closing Date – Thursday 4th July at 12pm midday
Interviews w/c 8th July
Application Form, Job Descriptions and further details are on our website www.westheathschool.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Working at West Heath School involves close and unsupervised contact with vulnerable groups including children and as such is a regulated activity. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than the advertised closing date should we find a suitable candidate.