Teacher of English:
We are looking to appoint a Teacher of English to join our highly successful, well-resourced and very popular English Department. We are interested in someone who will contribute positively to the full range of teaching in this 11 – 18 selective school.
- A qualified English teacher able to teach at least 2 Key Stages
- An outstanding classroom practitioner who is flexible, enthusiastic and innovative
- Excellent subject knowledge and a rigorous approach to assessment and learning
- A committed team member who will be willing to contribute to the wider school activities
- We will consider NQTs for this post
- Enthusiastic and highly able students who “attain very high standards and make excellent progress” (OFSTED)
- A well-resourced English department, fully staffed by qualified specialists
- Supportive and enthusiastic colleagues, and a positive working environment
- A strong relationship with the local community with fast links to London and Europe; free on-site parking
- Benenden Healthcare Scheme
- Potential for on-site accommodation
Closing date: 19th April, 2021
Interviews: 22nd and 23rd April, 2021
Appointment: 1st September, 2021
In usual times we welcome visits to our School, but if you would like to find out more about the school please visit our website at www.gravesendgrammar.com. To ask more details about the English Department please contact Mr James Manson, the Head of Department, by email at email@example.com .
We will only consider Gravesend Grammar School application forms and will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be e-mailed to Jenny Lumley, HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by 09:00 on the closing date.
The school reserves the right to close this advert early should the right candidate be found. Interviews may take place before the advertised closing date. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early for this role.
Gravesend Grammar School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years