We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful teacher to join our thriving, oversubscribed and outstanding all-through school, teaching KS3 and 4 English, with the possibility of A Level too.
If you are successful in your application, you will join a staff who are hard-working, committed, positive in outlook and dedicated to the achievement of our students. We offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs);
- clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track record of success in developing leaders;
- a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events);
- excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Dunraven School Overview
The school’s aim is “Excellence for All” and the Governors wish to appoint a candidate of significant ability and enthusiasm, aware of and stimulated by the challenges and potential of a successful multi-ethnic co-educational school and keen to share in the leadership of our All-Through Provision.
Dunraven School’s results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive ‘value-added’. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important to us. For example:
- in February 2011, we were designated as both a National Support School and a Leading-Edge School;
- in August 2011, we converted to Academy status;
- in 2012 we began our development as an All-Through School with children starting in Reception in September 2013;
- in summer 2013 our £20 million BSF programme was completed;
- in October 2014 we were judged as outstanding in all areas, including both Early Years and the Sixth Form, by Ofsted;
- in 2016, we were designated as a National Teaching School and an Academy Sponsor and the Dunraven Educational Trust was established;
- in September 2018, our Multi Academy Trust was formally set up with the integration of Van Gogh Primary, followed by Goldfinch Primary School in January 2019.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Closing date: Noon on 18 May 2021
We are committed to the safety and protection of all students within the Trust schools. An enhanced DBS check with a barred list check is a condition of employment for this role.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years