Teacher of English
Part time 0.6 FTE
Temporary position for one year in the first instance
(suitable for newly qualified or experienced teachers)
Start date: 1st September 2021
There is the opportunity to explore an additional 0.4fte working as a Learning Support Assistant if any candidates are interested (this is not a requirement for this post, just an offer for anyone who may be seeking full time employment).
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications: Wednesday 14th April 2021 at 12noon
Interviews: w/c Monday 19th April 2021
Thank you for your interest in the post of Teacher of English at Baines School. I am proud to be the Headteacher here and am delighted that you are interested in joining our team at this exciting time of change. Baines School is a special place that has great potential to be the most wonderful place for learning and personal development. There are so many positives to share, as well as a number of areas to improve. We are looking for an inspirational and driven leader to join us at a time where we want to rapidly move the school back to ‘Good’ and towards ‘Outstanding’.
A major focus for the English department is ensuring that every student, no matter their age or ability, receives the highest quality English language and literature education possible. We want to enthuse our students to have the same love that we all possess and to develop excellent skills to support their future lives and career choices. We have an enriching curriculum where students really enjoy the range themes and genres. We scaffold the learning to support our weakest students, whilst extending and challenging our most able learners so that all students achieve their very best. We teach, where possible through ‘The Big Picture’ where students can see the relevance of what they are learning.
The ideal candidate:
• is an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of English
• can model excellence inside and outside the classroom
• is flexible, resilient, has a ‘can do’ attitude and is relentlessly positive
• can inspire students of all abilities to be the best they can be
• is driven by moral purpose to serve the community of Baines School
• has the passion to inspire young people to love English language and literature, regardless of their ability
We will offer you:
• excellent CPD opportunities
• friendly and vibrant staff and students
• staff and governors who are loyal to the school
• the opportunity to develop professionally and try new ideas
• stretch and challenge
• opportunity to be part of a school improvement journey and make a real difference to students’ lives.
I hope this pack gives you an insight into our school and encourages you to apply for the role.
Nil Sine Labore – Nothing Without Effort
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years