The British School of Barcelona
The British School of Barcelona (BSB) is a great school in a wonderful location. We are an HMC school and were judged by BSO (British Schools Overseas) Inspection to be outstanding in many areas, including safeguarding, pupil welfare, pupil progress and outcomes.
BSB is a large, very popular school for children aged 3 to 18. Our curriculum is based on the English National Curriculum and we offer a wide range of GCSEs, A levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma, all alongside a significant enrichment programme.
Nearly 1600 pupils from over 50 nationalities attend the school and over 250 staff work at BSB. We are based in two locations just outside the city of Barcelona – in Castelldefels, and in the cosmopolitan town of Sitges.
Significant investment in the school in recent years has seen the building of a state-of–the art Pre-University Centre (Nexus), a theatre, new science laboratories and, most recently, a full -sized 4G rugby and football pitch.
The school enjoys a location to the south of Barcelona, one of the most vibrant, culturally rich cities in the world. Both the Castelldefels (Primary and Secondary) and the Sitges (Primary) campuses are minutes away from beautiful beaches and are excellently connected by public transport.
Teacher of English Language and Literature
For September 2021, we are recruiting a Teacher of English Language and Literature to teach in our secondary Castelldefels campus and in our Pre-University (Nexus) building. This is a full-time position. English is a popular subject at all levels in the school. We offer English Language and Literature at GCSE, Language A and B at IB and English Literature A level. Exam results at GCSE, A level and IB are consistently excellent.
Join a team of enthusiastic, inspirational, risk-taking individuals who appreciate the rigor of the English curriculum but embrace the freedoms offered by an international setting in order to deliver outstanding results for our students.
Please note – UK qualifications and successful experience in UK schools is essential for all posts.
All positions are offered with attractive packages including very competitive salaries, places for children in BSB, and other local benefits. Full induction and help with settling in Barcelona will be provided.
To apply, please complete the attached application form and send it, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the job title in the subject line.
For further information please visit our website https://www.britishschoolbarcelona.com/
- Deadline for applications: 4pm Monday 12/4/2021 (Spanish time)
- Online interviews during the week beginning 12/4/2021
- Further Interviews during week beginning 19/4/2021
• Deliver engaging and challenging lessons that link with the real world and which are aligned with Department schemes of work.
• Use homework and assessments to monitor and track pupil progress. Identify and support underachieving students and challenge the high achievers, implementing intervention as needed.
• Provide feedback and communicate effectively with parents, ensuring that both the student and parents are aware of student strengths and targets, across the year.
• Work collaboratively with the members of the department ensure this thriving department continues to improve.
• Experiment with a range of teaching and learning methods to create an engaging educational experience for pupils.
• Embrace the use of technology in lessons, using Microsoft Teams to enhance students´ learning.
• Work with colleagues and members of the SLT to ensure that the school improvement plan priorities are effectively implemented.
Working with Cognita
Achieving more than you believed possible – that’s what constitutes a quality education. At Cognita it is what we strive for in our schools. We want it for our children, and we want it for the people who work for us.
Since Cognita’s launch in 2004, we’ve built an international network of 83 schools that serve some 55,000 pupils across seven countries in the UK, Europe, Latin America and South-East Asia.
Cognita’s international network of schools and regional offices, combined with our ongoing investment in the professional development of our people, means we can offer first-class career opportunities with a global dimension. If you want to take your career further, we want to support you in achieving that goal within Cognita.
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
Cognita’s success depends on our people. With 80+ schools in eleven countries and our employees representing over 30 nationalities, the scope of our difference is a source of pride. We believe this diversity positively promotes global citizenship and reflects the value of contribution irrespective of one’s personal characteristics and/or background.
Cognita is committed to preserving and promoting equality of opportunity in all aspects of the conduct of its business.
No member of staff or any applicant for employment with Cognita will be discriminated against, harassed or victimised because of their personal characteristics. Cognita expects all staff to comply with the letter and the spirit of its policy.
The British School of Barcelona, Castelldefels
Castelldefels - Barcelona - Spain
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Since its foundation in 1958, The British School of Barcelona has been a leading independent school characterised by the pursuit of academic excellence as well as the importance attached to the personal and social development of each and every child.