Teacher of English
Permanent, full time, to start August 2021
Based at John Ferneley College, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire
The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic qualified teacher to join our successful English Department here at John Ferneley College. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a highly supportive and extremely successful English team.
We are looking for a passionate, well-qualified and conscientious English teacher, with a commitment to continuing professional development, to join our outstanding English Department. The post is suitable for either a newly qualified teacher or a more experienced teacher. You would be required to teach English up to and including GCSE and achieving high quality learning across all year groups.
If you have passion and talent for English and want to work hard to ignite this in our young people, then you will fit right into our friendly team. As English is a Trust priority, our teachers also work alongside leaders across the group and with colleagues in other phases and settings.
We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
How does our curriculum work?
- as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray
- regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational and knowledge-rich curriculum
- all students study Humanities to GCSE and the vast majority will study a language over their 5 secondary years
- in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
- we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our Trust)
- we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, through sport, performance and outdoor and adventurous activities
Working with us will give you:
- an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing life chances for children
- an environment with moral purpose at its heart
- an invitation to work with primary feeder schools
- a climate that takes seriously the wellbeing of its very much valued teaching team
- a comprehensive wellbeing package of benefits
- a sensible approach to teacher workload
- an opportunity to indulge in your subject specialisms and passion for teaching
- opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
- opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
- 1:1 support in strategic career planning
- a culture that takes work life balance extremely seriously – including sensible approaches to marking and feedback
- a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you’re capable of
- high expectations for all students
- high aspirations for all stakeholders
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 16th May 2021
Shortlisting to take place on w/c 17th May 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 25th May 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
John Ferneley College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years