Teacher of English Required September 2017 Teachers Main Pay Scale
The main purpose of the role is to teach English across key stage 3, 4 and 5. To deliver innovative and creative lessons which engage and challenge students to achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will have the:
• Ability to teach 11- 19 age range
• Ability to lead, motivate and inspire students
• Commitment to sharing responsibility for raising standards
• A commitment to education and teaching
• Ability to run and assist extra curricula activities
• Ability to teach across all key stages and across other areas of the curriculum
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a proven record as an excellent classroom practitioner
• Have high expectations and commitment to school improvement
• Be well informed on current educational issues and initiatives
• Be prepared to develop best practice through coaching and mentoring
• Be prepared to participate in extracurricular activities
• Demonstrates an appreciation of the ethos and standards of teaching within a high performing academy
• Show commitment to professional development
• Be adaptable and flexible and calm under pressure
This would be an excellent opportunity for NQTs or experienced teachers, applications are welcome from both.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school for a tour and meet the English team. Please make an appointment via Katie Bagnall, HR Administrator on 01476 563251.
To apply click here
Closing date: Monday 24th April 2017.
Interviews will commence the Week beginning Monday 1st May 2017.
Walton Girls’ High School & Sixth Form is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS (CRB) check.