Teacher of English
Pay Scale: MPS/UPS
London Weighting: Outer
Open to NQT Teachers
Norlington School and 6th Form is a small 11-16 boy’s school with a mixed 6th form school. It is one of the highest performing schools in the country and has been recognised by the Minister for State Schools on three separate occasions for student achievement. The school is oversubscribed and is currently going through a programme of development with new classrooms, sports facilities and library being added.
In September 2018 Norlington was judged to be a 'good school' by Ofsted;
'The behaviour of pupils around the school is calm and orderly. The pupils enjoy being part of the school community'
'The progress of all groups of pupils in key stage 4, including the most able, is strong'
'Staff enjoy being part of the school with its distinctive family ethos'
The school has an excellent CPD programme and is committed to developing all staff, as we continue our journey to becoming an ‘Outstanding’ school. This includes three staff training afternoons, two department meetings and one twilight training session every 6 weeks. Lessons finish for students at 1:30pm on a Friday
You will be joining an enthusiastic, dynamic and committed English team with an established history of high performance. There will be significant developmental opportunities available to the successful candidate. This post would be suitable for both NQTs and Main Scale teachers. The English department delivers A level courses in the 6th form.
- is an inspirational ambitious teacher who has outstanding teaching and interpersonal skills
- has the experience of teaching English across KS3 and KS4
- ability to teach Drama
- is an inclusive and innovative practitioner with high expectations committed to sharing outstanding practice
- has the ability to co-ordinate enrichment activities
- is dedicated to maintaining standards and maximising the performance of all students, ensuring the very best progress for all
- can work in partnership with others, readily offering constructive support to their colleagues.
Posts will be subject to a Prohibition check for all roles involved with the management of pupils. Norlington School and 6th Form is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
The recruitment pack, person specification and job description is available on the TES jobs website. Applications can be completed on TES, alternatively an application form can be sent to Femi Olufola - firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 21st September Midday.
Interviews scheduled for: Later that week
Norlington School and 6th Form
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Boys school with students of age 11 - 18 years