Teacher of English
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of English who wants to make a real difference in supporting students and furthering the success of the department. We are on a really exciting journey of growth and development. We have a lively debating team and the student voice is led by a member of English across the school. We run Accelerated Reader and are continuing to offer a comprehensive extra-curricular timetable.
Our English team are passionate about delivering the AQA English curriculum in an engaging, lively and inspiring way and we are, therefore, looking for someone creative who thinks outside of the box and believes in change.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
· To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
· To use a variety of methods and approaches (including differentiation) to match curricular objectives and the range of pupil needs, and ensure equal opportunity for all pupils
· To ensure continuity, progression and cohesiveness in all teaching.
· To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
· To have a thorough and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum programmes of study, level descriptors and specifications for examination courses.
The successful candidate will have
· Relevant experience as an English Teacher.
· Ability to monitor and evaluate teaching and learning.
· Ability to deliver high quality lessons, evaluate the impact of these and develop future planning accordingly.
· Excellent communication and team-working skills
· Passion, creativity and energy towards your subject area and educating young people.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
· Start Date Easter 2021
· Salary MPS/UPS TLR 2b (inc. £4,789) £25,714-46,393 (dependant of experience)
· Teaching KS3 & KS4
· Job Role Permanent - Full time – Teachers pay and conditions
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy
· £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
· You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
· A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
· Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Ample parking
· Fantastic transport links; by car Junction 10 M1
· Perkbox benefits
· Location by; Stockwood Park Golf Course, Luton Rugby Club and the Luton Hoo
The Stockwood Park Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years