We are looking to appoint a talented NQT or experienced English Teacher to work in our vibrant and multicultural school.
You will become a part of a highly successful department with a team of specialist, highly committed and enthusiastic teachers working towards increased excellence. What matters is that you are an innovative practitioner with a passion for English. A wide range of career development opportunities and training are also available to the successful candidate.
About our school:
Lealands High School is a very successful and popular 11-16 Foundation School which has been re-built to accommodate 1050 students from the growing population in Luton and surrounding Bedfordshire villages. The school was judged “good” overall with “outstanding” behaviour and safety by Ofsted in May 2013 and remained good at our March 2017 inspection. Lealands benefits from being an extremely diverse multi-cultural school with a fantastic caring ethos and very high expectations.
- Access to our sports equipment and facilities including swimming pool and gym
- Opportunities for paid lunch duties
- Staff laptop with remote access to school systems
- Access to a wider community of schools through our partnership with Luton Futures and Lea Springs
- Professional development programme and opportunities to study for a Masters degree
- A generous relocation package
- Excellent location on the northern edge of Luton within walking distance to Leagrave train station (to London/Bedford) and airport links to destinations throughout Europe
Interested applicants should visit the school website http://www.lealands.luton.sch.uk or email email@example.com for further details and for an application form.
Alternatively click on 'Apply Now' to complete and submit your application form.
Visits from prospective applicants are welcome and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Nilsson (HR) on 01582 611600.
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse and provide effective help or advice fluently in spoken English.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th June 2017
Interviews will be held: TBC
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure Barring Service.
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools