An Exciting Opportunity to Join an Innovative Academy
Manchester Communication Academy is seeking to recruit an exceptional, enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of English to support our work in providing the best outcomes for our students. We are looking to strengthen our departmental teams so that we can commit to staff having more non-contact time in order to research, collaborate and plan incredible learning opportunities for our young people.
Manchester Communication Academy has been recognised nationally for its excellent results in 2017 based on data from the DfE and Ofsted, analysed by SSAT. We were among the best performing secondary schools in the country, receiving an award for being in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
Are you a teacher that can bring about excellence for our young people no matter what their start points or social context? If so, please get in contact and see below further information as to why MCA is such an amazing Academy to work at to realise students’ personal excellence and for phenomenal professional learning opportunities
Manchester Communication Academy serves the community of Harpurhey and its surrounding districts. We are an 11-16 secondary school with a primary school also on site. Close collaboration between the two schools is fundamental to our way of working.
Not only is the Academy committed to offering our students the highest quality learning experience but the Social Investment Department is dedicated to offering opportunities and support to our local families and wider community. Together, our driving force is to mitigate the impact of disadvantage and ensuring that the young people that we serve are equipped and ready to be successful and happy adults who we are proud to know.
Everyone at MCA shares these same values and this is important to us. If you share these values too, then we would love to hear from you!
The English team consistently demonstrates excellent teaching and learning and passionate staff are committed to securing great student outcomes. Through sharing good practice, team teaching, working with external partners and protected collaborative planning time, staff are given the tools to thrive. We are looking for someone who will consistently model effective teaching and learning and can demonstrate vision, imagination, creativity and a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion.
Why work at MCA
Manchester Communication Academy is fully committed to it’s ethos of with you…for you…about you…Not just for our students but also for all of our staff.
We offer the following:
- Trust, Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
- Teachers teach in both break out areas and flexible learning bases where they can learn from one another through team teaching, coaching and mentoring.
- Teaching staff have two planning sessions per week to collaboratively plan with colleagues.
- Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy for those who are ambitious and keen to develop.
- We have a half day on a Friday with an hour's training from 1 to 2pm with a variety of teaching and learning communities to participate in.
- A staff well-being group who meet regularly to discuss workload and work-life balance and organise wellbeing and social events.
- MCA offers a number of recognised professional development programmes such as The Outstanding Teacher Programme and we have recently partnered with the Institute for Teaching with involvement in their Transforming Teaching programme.
- “No lesson judgements” policy, we discuss how to improve together
- Smaller than average class sizes with constant support for teachers
- Staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year
Your supporting statement should be no more than 2 side of A4, font size 11 and should reference how you meet the criteria on the Job Description/Person Specification.
Manchester Communication Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure for a Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.