Teacher of English
Full time – Maternity Cover; fixed-term until 31st August 2020
Salary – MPS/UPS (A time-limited additional recruitment incentive may be paid depending on the successful candidate’s experience)
Start date: 1st January 2020
Closing Date: Monday 11th November 2019 at 12pm (Midday)
Interviews: Friday 22nd November 2019
An exciting opportunity for a teacher of English with outstanding potential to join our ambitious and vibrant school. The English department is at an exciting time in its development and offers English Language and English Literature to all pupils along with GCSE Media Studies and offers a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities. We have recently been judged by Ofsted to be a ‘Good’ school and are now looking for an energetic, committed individual who is excited to contribute to the next stage of our journey. We celebrate innovation and can offer a highly supportive leadership team and staff body with a real investment in professional development to support you in making an impact for our students.
About Loreto High School
• Part of the international family of Loreto schools and colleges and as such benefits from a 400 year old tradition and links with Loreto Sixth Form College and with Loreto schools both in the UK and worldwide. “The vision and values of the Gospel and the Loreto community of schools act as a living reference point for the whole community.” Section 48 Inspection
• Loreto High School is a ‘Good School’ (Ofsted January 2019) at an exciting point in its school improvement journey “Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.” Ofsted 2019.
• A small, friendly, inclusive, cohesive school where we get to know our students well, find out what they are good at and develop their talents “… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.” Ofsted 2019 Parent View
• “School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.” Ofsted 2019
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that our Catholic ethos is powerfully transmitted; “Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.” Ofsted 2019
• We will support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner. We are an aspirational, reflective and creative learning community where all adults are learners who strive rigorously for excellence in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for our students.
• Excellent CPD programme to support teachers at each stage of their career; “The training programme which leaders manage is well planned and implemented.” Ofsted 2019
The successful candidate will be an experienced or outstanding recently qualified teacher with:
• the ability to engage students and transmit an enthusiasm for English;
• knowledge and understanding of current teaching and learning strategies in English;
• the ability or potential to teach inspirational lessons to a range of abilities across both key stages;
• an enthusiastic commitment to developing the school’s extra-curricular offering;
• a commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students;
• excellent subject knowledge;
• a desire to work collaboratively and to make a real contribution to the development of our department and the progress of our students;
• Understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention programmes.
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we invite you to submit an application. Your application should explain fully your suitability for the role as detailed in the job description and tailored to meet the Person Specification in terms of your knowledge, experience, skills, qualities and qualifications. An information pack and application form can be downloaded from the documents below or from the school’s website.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to two satisfactory references including one from your most recent employer.