We seek to appoint a well-qualified graduate teacher of English for January 2022 for a period of maternity cover. The successful applicant will have the following attributes:
- a real passion for their subject and excellent subject knowledge,
- the ability to inspire and encourage students in their learning and treat them as individuals,
- an enthusiastic willingness to work collaboratively and productively as part of a team,
- a strong commitment to the co-curricular life of the school and an appreciation of its importance in the development of young people,
- an ability to teach both English Language and Literature to A Level.
The person appointed will be expected to contribute to all other duties normally shared by members of the department, such as marking, writing reports, setting work in case of absence, attending departmental meetings and appropriate administrative tasks. All members of the teaching staff are expected to take on duties as a Form Tutor.
The King's School, Chester
Cheshire West and Chester
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 19 years
The King’s School is an academically selective, co-educational independent school originally founded in 1541 for the ‘poor and friendless’ children of Chester. Almost 500 years later, King’s is a thriving, dynamic and forward-thinking school of more ...